Yield: 1/2 sheet pan
8 ea. Eggs
1 ½ cups Vegetable oil
18 oz. Sugar
1 tsp. Salt
18 oz. Bread flour
3 Tbl. Cinnamon gr.
1 ½ tsp. Baking soda
½ tsp. Baking powder
2 lb. Carrots peeled and shredded
5 oz. Walnuts, chopped
28 oz. Cream Cheese room temp.
8 oz. Butter softened
2 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 lb. Powdered Sugar
1. Whip the eggs to a light and frothy consistency, then gradually add the oil. Turn mixer speed to a low an mix in sugar and salt.
2. Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder. Add to the egg mixture. Fold in the carrots and walnuts; evenly distribute them in the batter.
3. Pour batter on a parchment lined sheet pan. Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes.
4. Icing: Soften the cream cheese in a mixer without beating in any air.
5. Mix the butter in gradually. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar.
6. Mix until smooth and spreadable, but do not over mix
7. Using a palate knife smooth icing on top of the cooled cake.